Currently, millions of children are under-vaccinated or unvaccinated against preventable diseases like measles, mumps, meningitis, and pneumococcal disease, all of which can be handicapping or lethal. If a child you see has missed one or more doses of an important vaccination, it’s essential to help get them back on track with their scheduled vaccinations. Watch this free-to-view webinar for practical advice and tips to help re-prioritise childhood immunisations within your practice and prevent the re-emergence of vaccine-preventable diseases. It’s never too late to catch up.
Duration: 23 minutes
Presenter: Prof. Sir Terence Stephenson, Honorary Consultant & Nuffield Professor of Child Health, UCL GOS Institute of Child Health (UK)
Session Structure and Learning Objectives:
- Exploring how vaccines, one of medicine’s most important innovations, are underused in Europe
- Reviewing the state of paediatric vaccination in Europe
- Examining how the COVID-19 pandemic set back childhood immunisation and exacerbated long-standing problems
- Analysing the top challenges to routine immunisation from the EIP Survey
- Exploring approaches to improving uptake
- The Importance of the Child Healthcare Professional's Role
- What can Healthcare Professionals do?
- Exploring how Trust is Everything
- Practical Advice to Adapting your everyday practice - Ideas & Approaches
- Case Study of Pneumococcal Vaccinations in Europe
- Pneumococcal Vaccination in Europe – Country Comparison
- Examining the value of pneumococcal vaccinations
- It’s never too late to catch up - what can you do next?