As part of its 2021 activities, the Young Coalition for Prevention and Vaccination (YC4PV) will be especially active on the importance of youth voices in the conversation about immunisation, and why vaccination matters for young people too. During the European Immunization Week the online activities and a series of actions on social media will focus on:
- Endorsement of the ‘Vaccines Bring Us Closer’ campaign (WHO).
- 1-week social media campaign for the European Immunization Week (26 April – 2 May) on the importance of youth voices in the conversation about immunisation, and why vaccination matters for young people too.
As we face the COVID-19 pandemic and the ensuing economic and social crisis, the media too often portrays a relatively negative and simplistic image of young people and their role in the crisis. From breaking lockdown rules to partying in parks, we hear few testimonies and positive stories of young people involved in the fight against the virus and in the collective effort of vaccine campaigns in the Member States.
Let’s change the negative narrative! We have many positive stories, initiatives and messages from young people who are pro-vaccine (health professionals or not) and who can inspire their peers - this is what we want to share for this EIW.
EIW Campaign Topics
- The importance and urgency of having youth voices in the conversation about prevention and vaccination
- Why and how vaccination matters for young people
- Why are vaccines important/important to you? Encourage young people to speak about why vaccinations are important and why specifically it is important to them, i.e., vulnerable family members etc.
- Stakeholders (health/non-health related) and policymakers at the EU level
- Young people across Europe (individuals, youth organisations…)
#TheYouthResponse #YC4PV #EIW2021